Consumer Product Manager
Farmigo – Brooklyn, NY
We believe that a more responsible (and better tasting!) food system is one built on direct connections between eaters and farmers. Farmigo’s goal is to collapse the supply chain by creating local, transparent food hubs that give people the ability to trace everything they eat straight to the source. By fostering relationships between producers and consumers, we enable small businesses to control the value of their own products. We’re passionate believers in bringing technology and agriculture together to build a more sustainable future, and a world we can all thrive in for generations to come.
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the development of our consumer-facing product, which encompasses both web and mobile native. You’ll report to our Head of Product, and work closely with stakeholders inside and outside of the company as well as our Design and Engineering teams. You’ll lead product development processes that meet our business needs — without sacrificing agility and creativity. This is an incredibly hands-on position, and whoever fills it will play a key role in shaping Farmigo’s voice, mapping out big picture product strategy, and informing company decisions.
One of the most important responsibilities of our new Product Manager will be acting as a bridge between the Farmigo headquarters in the U.S. and our Engineering team in Israel.
As such, we believe that someone with the right skill set and background will make all the difference in this unique role.
Evolve and articulate Farmigo’s consumer product strategy.
- Maintain close relationships with the market, including customers, farmers, small businesses, and internal stakeholders.
- Support product strategy with quantitative metrics, community feedback, and competitive analysis.
- Gather and document requirements, prioritize development projects, and help create milestones to meet product goals.
- Work closely with the Design team in NYC to achieve best-in-class UX and UI.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team in Tel Aviv.
- Be the chief owner of the build → measure → learn process.
- Willing to be based out of Farmigo headquarters in Brooklyn, NY.
- Proven ability to lead product development from A-to-Z, and to help set a product vision and execute on it.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on consumer product roles, with a proven track record of delivering amazing consumer products.
- Deep experience with lean and agile methodologies.
- An ability to understand technical challenges, communicate effectively with the Engineering team, and make educated trade-offs.
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written), storyteller, and visualizer. You can speak in storyboards and wireframes.
We love our staff and show it with full benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), stock options in a fast-growing start up, an unlimited vacation policy, and the ability to work alongside co-workers who are passionate about changing the food system. Plus, you’ll get a steep discount on the best food you’ve ever tasted!
Please submit your application here <https://farmigo-1.workable.com/jobs/170040> by February 19th.