Dear educators,We have a few additional workshops to tell you about this fall, and there are still spots left in some of our previously posted workshops. Details and registration information below. Please let me know if you have any questions!
1. Wednesday, October 26, 8:00-2:15. Showcase School visit to Edible Schoolyard NYC at PS 216. Come see Edible Schoolyard NYC and PS 216 classes in action, Spend the day at PS 216 observing classes and taking part in hands-on kitchen and garden-based activities. If you are an NYCDOE teacher, click showcaseschools to register. (Tell them you are interested in the 10/26 visit to PS 216).
2. Monday, November 21, 4:30-6:30. WORMSHOP for Educators, presented by the NYC Compost Project. Learn how worms work their magic, converting kitchen scraps into a rich organic fertilizer, and reducing our carbon footprints. In this workshop, the NYC Compost Project will introduce composting, demonstrate how to build an indoor worm bin, and go over basic care and maintenance. Discussion will focus on engaging students and enriching curriculum with these easy classroom pets. Participants will receive a coupon to purchase a reduced price worm bin + 1 lb worms for $44. Located at our demonstration site at PS 7/Global Tech, 160 E. 120th St. in Manhattan, in the greenhouse. Click here to register.
Previously listed workshops:
1. Thursday, October 13, 4:30-6:00: Learn how to grow and prepare an indoor salad with students, seed-to-table. Located at our demonstration site at PS 216, 350 Avenue X in Brooklyn. Click here to register.
2. Monday, October 17, 5:00-6:30: See how we use garden-based lessons to re-enforce student learning in ELA, math, science and social studies. Located at our demonstration site at PS 216, 350 Avenue X in Brooklyn. Click here to register.
3. Wednesday, October 19, 4:30-6:00. How to teach a cooking lesson in your classroom, from prep to eating. Located at our demonstration site at PS 7/Global Tech, 160 E. 120th St., New York, NY. Click here to register.
4. [Wait List Only]: Tuesday, November 8 (Election Day), 9:00-3:00. Edible Education 101. Learn how to incorporate cooking and gardening into your classroom. Study basic gardening, garden jobs and instruction with kids, kitchen instruction and curriculum design. Located at our demonstration site at PS 216, 350, Avenue X in Brooklyn. Click here to register.