I have to clean out my home office…and while I would love to keep the school garden book collection I have amassed over the years, I cannot.
AND…I have four EarthBoxes, too.
I want to DONATE these items but do have some parameters (sorry…apologizing ahead of time for being pompous):
1) I would like to donate to a school with an active school garden in which a few teachers and parents are involved…and will be sure that the books are used.
2) OR, I can donate them to a garden-focused non-profit that ensures teachers, parents, volunteers can either access them or that staff are using them to support school gardens.
3) Sorry…if you are a consultant working with schools, I cannot donate them to you, but you can purchase them. I will use the funds to donate to a school garden.
4) I would like the books to be donated as one lot. Earth Boxes can be claimed without the books, but I would like to donate all four as a one set.
I live in Brooklyn…so you would need to come to me…(sorry)
Let me know: MICHELE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here is the list of books:
- The Growing Classroom: Garden-Based Science by Roberta Jaffe, Garry Appel
- Nourishing Choices: Implementing Food Education in Classrooms
- Nature with Children of All Ages by Edith A. Sisson
- Project Learning Tree: Pre-K-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide
- Flowering Plant Families of the World by V.H. Heywood, R.K. Brummit, A. Culham, O. Seberg (a simply gorgeous hardcover book…incredible)
- Life Lab Science Program: Life Around Us: Grade 2
- Life Lab Science, Change Around Us, Grade 2 Teacher’s Book
- All About Farmers’ Markets: A Teaching Guide for Classrooms, Camps, and Community Programs by Peggy Sissel-Phelan, Ed. D.
- Growing Food (Teachers College, Columbia University)
- All About Bulbs
- Schoolyard-Enhanced Learning: Using the Outdoors as an Instructional Tool, K-8
- Grow Lab: A Complete Guide to Gardening in the Classroom, National Gardening Association
- Junior Master Gardener: Healthy and Nutrition from the Garden
- Gardening with Children, Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Digging Deeper: Integrating Youth Gardens into Schools and Communities by Joseph Kiefer and Martin Kemple
- Grow Lab: Activities for Growing Minds, National Gardening Association
- Gardens for Leaning: Creating and Sustaining Your School Garden, California School and Garden Network
- How Do You Measure and Elephant: Science Activities for Families (Animal focus, but very neat and certainly environment related), Wildlife Conservation Society