Program Manager Border Crossers (amazing organization; a partnership in development with them to run a workshop related to racism and school gardening…great work, great people, great job)
Editorial Director Who Loves Permaculture and Homesteading
(For A Full-Time, Remote Position, With Occasional Face-To-Face Meetings.)
The Grow Network is the online home of a global network of people who are producing their own food and medicine. “Home Grown Food On Every Table” is our catalyzing statement. The purpose of the organization is to stop the destruction of the Earth.
We offer information via our online blog, information products (physical and digital), and a membership area. http://TheGrowNetwork.com
Our company culture is that of a team of rugged adventurers, out to make a difference in the world. While our team is spread across the United States (and beyond), we meet weekly via Skype and gather 3-4 times each year for face-to-face meetings in various interesting locations, and more often if within driving distance of Durango CO.
This a full-time, long-term, work-from-home (or anywhere), contract (w-9) position where you determine your own hours, and complete work using your own equipment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, and includes a steady monthly base pay plus bonuses for achieving personal and team objectives, on a trimester and annual schedule.
An Overview of The Position:
The Grow Network is currently seeking our next A+ player–an Editorial Director to join our crew as we ramp up to expand the reach of our network from 150,000 subscribers to 2 Million+ in the next couple of years.
As Editorial Director for The Grow Network, you will be responsible for:
* Building and maintaining a relationship with our email subscriber list by sending them useful information related to growing food, natural health, and homesteading between 2 and 3 times per week.
* Working in partnership with our founder, Marjory Wildcraft, our Marketing Director, and our Affiliate Manager to establish and rollout a joint editorial and marketing calendar.
* Recruiting, motivating, and managing writers (a.k.a. our “JV Bloggers”); assigning topics, receiving articles, providing feedback, and preparing incoming content for publication (editing, polishing, proofreading).
* Preparing newsletters for email distribution via Maropost.
* Uploading articles & content to our WordPress site.
* Managing the delivery our monthly paid subscription newsletter & webinar. (Delivered via our private website.)
* Managing topic experts (not always professional writers) contracted to create information products — books, guides, reports, courses — to ensure timely delivery of the product.
* Editing and laying out reports, guides, courses, etc. for distribution (in both print and digital formats).
* Researching and writing original content.
* Creating and maintaining a company style guide.
Skills and Attributes Required To Succeed:
* A passion for homegrown food and good health. (You have a garden, or perhaps chickens – you are producing some of your own food, in some way).
* At least 5 years of full-time experience editing content for digital/web distribution.
* Significant experience wrangling teams of writers.
* Experience editing both short copy (articles 500 words or less) as well as books, guides, courses, or reports that exceed 50+ pages. Bonus points if you’ve edited anything longer than 200+ pages.
* Significant experience managing an editorial calendar in a fast-paced environment with a high number of monthly deliverables.
* A writing style that is warm, personal, and engaging.
* Working knowledge of WordPress.
* Experience using an email marketing solution like Maropost.
* Ability to set your own ambitious goals and hit self-imposed deadlines without someone looking over your shoulder.
* Additional nice-to-have skills include working knowledge of InDesign, InfusionSoft, HTML & CSS, Basecamp, Amazon S3, and Highrise.
How To Apply:
To apply, please send your resume in Word docx format to email@example.com
Include a cover letter that details both your experience and education as an editor, your resume, 2 samples of your own writing, and 1 sample of a piece that you edited. Please provide a brief description of each piece of writing/editing in your email to hr@, so we know what we’re looking at–and why!
We are accepting resumes until this position is filled with the right person. However, we plan to begin interviews in early January 2017.
Rate: $ 3000-4000 USD per month
Contact Name: Jennifer Boulet
Contact Company: The Grow Network
Contact Website: http://www.thegrownetwork.com
Contact Method: -by email