This might interest a good number of you on the list. Michele
* Experienced writer for education (teacher lesson plans / student activities)
* Skill in writing for multimedia presentation (print, digital docs, light apps)
* Temporary/Project-based (~3 months with potential continuation)
* Hourly wage based on experience; Potential for fixed project bid
* Remote/Work from home with flexible schedule
Field Trip Factory (FTF) is seeking experienced education writer (science/health a plus) with ability to write age-appropriate content and activities with directional notes to graphic artists for visual layout and delivery of content in multimedia formats (print, infographics, cloud docs, light web apps). The content will be used to drive a microsite geared towards the promotion of good nutrition and healthy lifestyles by providing content resources for educational community.
Estimated Workload and Time Lines:
Initial Research and Outlines = 1.5 Weeks (April)
Activity and Content Writing = 6 Weeks (May – June)
Layout and Final Proofing = 1 Week (July)
Above work to be performed over April – July time period and may expand/contract based on content needs.
Work schedule is flexible so long as delivery dates are met with clarity and quality.
Selected candidate would work exclusively online with the Director of Operations and must be comfortable in digital platforms including Trello, Skype, Join.Me, etc.
The candidate will potentially have further work opportunity as the site content and activities are expanded and updated quarterly for current age target audience, and then also expanded, over time, to PreK-2 and Grades 7-12/Adult Learning audiences.
Tech-savvy writer is preferred with ability to write creatively and in varied delivery formats (print, video, audio, multi-media, cloud-based docs) for teacher/student audiences.
Teaching/education background or dietitian/nutrition background is preferred.
* Accredited Degree in Education, Health Sciences, English or related fields
* Portfolio of work demonstrating writing of lesson plans / student activities
* Ability to work in online environment with minimal supervision
* Ability to adapt and thrive in a multi-platform and diverse workload environment
* Passion for experiential education and community-based learning
About Field Trip Factory:
As leaders in experience-based education, Field Trip Factory brings important lessons to life for students of all ages. Over the last 20 years, our programs have touched millions of lives across the US and Canada. By participating in hands-on activities within real-world environments, participants experience learning in a whole new way. All Field Trip Factory programs are grade/age appropriate and align with national/local learning standards.
Thanks to the support of our Sponsors, all Field Trip Factory experiential learning programs are FREE! To learn more, please visit us at http://www.FieldTripFactory.com
Field Trip Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rate: $ 30 to 40 per hour
Contact Name: Mike Alm
Contact Company: Field Trip Factory
Contact Website: http://www.FieldTripFactory.com
Contact Method: -by email