Looking for an engaging writer passionate about gardening and crafting for short nonfiction work. About 8,000-10,000 words: Outline due 3/12/18; Final MS due: 5/1/2018
Please provide a short writing sample upon application. $2000
Meredith Mennitt. Quarto Publishing Group – becker&mayer! Books firstname.lastname@example.org
Slow Food USA seeks an outgoing and community minded intern to join and support our efforts to change the food system in the United States. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong enthusiasm for our work and an interest in non-profit management. Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Network Intern will assist in communicating with, coordinating, and building our grassroots network. He or she will learn valuable communications, data management, and community organizing skills while supporting Slow Food USA’s work to promote good, clean and fair food.
- Work closely with staff supervisors to strategize and develop means for local leaders to engage with national and international campaigns.
- Respond to inquiries and support requests from members and local leaders of the Slow Food movement
- Help to keep digital assets and the organization’s website current by: writing, coding, copyediting
- Maintain membership and leadership database
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Creativity and willingness to take initiative
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated interest in food and farming issues, both nationally and internationally
- Commitment to justice and inclusion, especially with regard to race, class, gender and our food system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and work well independently
- Familiarity with Google platforms (preferred)
- Previous experience in website maintenance (preferred)
- Previous experience working with databases (preferred)
Start Date: March 2018
A minimum of 15 hours per week is required for all intern cycles. Internships are unpaid; however, students may earn academic credit.Please send cover letter and resume with “Network Support and Outreach Internship” in the subject line to: email@example.com (Ian McHugh)by March 12, 2018.